Our Children and Youth Care Centre
FROM CHILDREN'S HOME TO THERAPEUTIC CENTRE
On 5 September 1914 a meeting was held in Bloemfontein, where the congregation, having identified an urgent need for a home for neglected children, were informed by management that a house had been rented at 32 Victoria Road for a period of six months at a cost of six pounds (twelve rand) per month.
Me Maritz was the designated house mother and a worker, Anna Vermeulen, was appointed at a salary of 10 shillings (one rand) per month. A certain Dr Krause provided medical assistance for a fee of half-a-crown (twenty five cents) per visit.
Click to continue reading...
Other Child and Youth Care Centres in Bloemfontein:
- Huis Amor Child and Youth Care Centre
- Bolokanang Child and Youth Care Centre at Bloemvallei is currently being developed
- Deo Juvante Child and Youth Care Centre
- Gardeniapark Child and Youth Care Centre
- Gladstoneweg Child and Youth Care Centre
- Huis Carpe Diem Child and Youth Care Centre
- House of Compassion
- Esperanza Child and Youth Care Centre at Bainsvlei outside Bloemfontein